Friday 15 February 2013

The Swimsuit Dilemma

A couple of weeks back a friend of mine asked me to join her and a couple of other girls to the local spa (with pools, jacuzzis, water slides, that sort of thing - no beauty treatments or anything like that). I hadn't gone there for years, and I thought it could be fun - except for a tiny little problem: I didn't have a swimsuit.

There are a few reasons for this, the main one being that I don't really like wearing a bikini. I last bought one in the spring of 2010, and didn't use it since, so last time I tried it on I realised that there was no way that top was going to cover most of what it should be covering. I also rarely swim, even in the summer, as the  Finnish seawater is bloody freezing. On the beach I prefer to keep my middle covered anyway - we all have parts of ourselves we don't really care for, and that's mine. So, since I don't like wearing a swimsuit, I didn't really feel like going to buy one in the first place.

I discussed this with another friend of mine, telling her how it would be fun to go swimming since I hadn't been for so long, but that I hated wearing a swimsuit. And then she told me: "You'll just have to get yourself a swimsuit that is so gorgeous that you'll love wearing it!" Well, that sounds easier said than done. But then she sent me a link to a website called For Luna which sells retro-inspired swimsuits. And they are absolutely gorgeous!!!

So, as of today, I am the happy owner of an amazing swimsuit which I will be happy to wear whenever the chance arises.


2 comments:

  1. Den som är på bilden är jätte snygg. Och sådana retro juttun är fina :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jag vet, de tycker jag med :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...