Thursday 15 November 2012

New songs

John Lewis always has lovely Christmas adverts, and this year's is no different (I've seen it a few times, and it's still making me a little teary-eyed). This year, the advert also introduced me to a new artist, Gabrielle Aplin. I'm not sure how long she'd been making music, but I hadn't heard of her before. I'm glad I did now!

Here are two of her songs; the first one, The Power of Love is obviously a cover, and the song used in the John Lewis advert. The second one, Home, is also lovely:

'Cause they say home is where your heart is set in stone
Is where you go when you're alone
Is where you go to rest your bones

It's not just where you lay your head
It's not just where you make your bed
As long as we're together, does it matter where we go?
Home





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...