Saturday 19 February 2011

A new beginning

I've sort of put my other blog on hold - after all, it is supposed to be a travel blog. Not much travelling going on at the moment, unfortunately. I did feel like writing, though, and a couple of people have even asked me about it, so I though, what the heck, I'll start another one.

Of course, starting a new blog brought back the eternal question of the language - which language should I write in? I guess that depends on who I'm writing for. My travel blog was mainly to let my family and friends know what I was up to - in the process saving me tons of time that would otherwise have been spent on writing individual e-mails - so I chose to write it in Finnish. This one, however, I'm pretty much only writing for myself, and for whoever else who happens to feel inclined to read it. It's for me to have a place to write down whatever random stuff I come up with, and there's not really a target audience, so I decided to please myself and write in English. I have no idea why I find that the easiest language to express myself in (in writing, at least) these days, and I suppose that should have me slightly worried, but never mind that now.

Coming up with a name for a blog is annoying, and half the things you come up with are already taken. I ended up with this, which can be found on a badge from a brand called Waldo Pancake - they do mugs and cards and bags and whatnot with cool texts on them. So there we are. Enjoy (or don't).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...