Friday 27 May 2011

And why not?

Sometimes you don't need a reason for doing certain things, even big ones. Sometimes, when people ask you "Why?", the only reply you can, and need, and want to give them is "Why not?" And I have to say, it does make life more interesting. To be spontaneous every once in a while, not overthink every move, just to go with the flow, to do what feels right, and to just answer questions with "Why not?"

If you'd asked me last Monday "Are you going to spend this summer at home?" I would have replied "Unfortunately, yes".
If you'd asked me on Wednesday, I would have said "Maybe".
Well, today things suddenly changed quite a bit. After a couple of months of getting used to the idea that Barcelona isn't going to happen this summer, I'm suddenly three weeks away from moving to Edinburgh for at least 2½ months - maybe longer, you never know. There's some spontaneity for you!

But this is the way to go, I think. When your life is like mine at the moment, with no strings attached, then, you know, why not?

weheartit

1 comment:

  1. It's really tiring to hear people asking me why I do crazy things sometimes, since i can't give them enough reason to understand, from now on I'll only have one response - "Why not?".

    If I quit my job to travel, and they ask why? Then Why not?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...